Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Why do I even bother

It's 3:30pm and I have done an entire hours worth of work today. I don't even know why I try. I'm glad tomrorow is Thanksgiving, it's going to allow me to catch up on chores, some reading, maybe a little writing and work before I head over the my mother-in-laws (still haven't gotten a ruling on that) for food that will surely stretch my stomach's ability to remain in one piece.

My mind has been scattered today. I've been in different time zones, different eras, different places. My lack of focus is really cutting into my ability to plan and work. I was so distracted today even from the time I woke up that I forgot to put on my watch, I feel naked without the ability to tell time at a moments notice. I have checked multiple times today and yes I did put on pants this morning everyone can relax.

This weekend should be enjoyable that is of course except for the driving, especially Sunday when everyone and their mother is going to be on the road. Luckily it's only a 5 hour drive. The food should be half-way decent. My wife isn't cooking this year obviously so a stellar turkey and fixins might not be what I get. My folks are decent in the kitchen but no one hold's a candle to the family chef (my former wife). She could throw it down in kitchen, and I threw it down at the table, then I threw down my pants because they didn't fit anymore.

I won't post again until Friday when I'm at work, most likely by myself. I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about my first holiday without my spouse. Christmas is the one I dread, that was her favorite. 34 days and counting...... but I'll take that bump when it gets here.

No comments: