Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On a lighter note

I think I should post at least once with a lighter tone so you all don't think I'm such a dreary person. I share an office with another person. It just so happens this person is a female, and quite frankly she's annoying to the point I'd like to slap her.

Nearly every day her and her boyfriend talk and get into some playful argument about something completely irrelevant to life. Of course this happens when I'm in the room and can't find a sharp thin object to burst my eardrums with. So she constantly rambles on and on and on without regard for her fellow man.

God must have heard my prayers, or wanted to spare this young woman's life because she's not here today. Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what's that sound? That's right it's the sound of silence baby! Stupidity is taking a break today and I can just enjoy hopefully some peace and quiet.

Work load should be light today, given the fact that everyone is either leaving or has left for the holidays. I'm going over to my former/current (I'm going to need a ruling on this one) mother-in-laws house for Turkey Day. She's makes Calico Beans for me every year, and I devour them it's great stuff. She's also getting a cherry pie (MY FAVORITE) and cherry cheesecake (WOOO HOOO). I will be brining myself, a pair of stretch pants, and a crane so I can be removed from the house. I think they're trying to fatten me up to keep me unattractive to the opposite sex.

I was watching comedian Bill Engvall talk about how men and women communicate. His story was his buddy and him were at the gym, buddy told him he was getting divorced. Women would have consoled and asked loads of questions about their feelings etc. Engvall responded with "Better work on your abs, you'll be dating again." Sometimes I think I might want to take his advice. I can only allow my waistline to grow so large (ever seen the movie "The Blob"? After being married 6 years and eating my wife's cooking and baking I could swear it's the same size, shape, and consistency.) I'd better get out my "meat pants".

No comments: