Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How to tell the story

I'm not going to talk alot about what the last 7 years were like for me, at least I hope not to. I want to reserve most of that for the book I am working on. My former wife was supposed to write this book, a book about her life, and her journey overcoming cancer. I would encourage her all the time to take some time out of her day to write a little bit. When she would write it was always about two things.... Me and our son.

Her life revolved around those two important people to her. Our pastor had instructed the women to look at their lives as ministry. That their personal ministries were to their husbands and children, she took it to heart and did it with such excellence. She couldnt' chronicle her life and her fight because her mind was elsewhere. Since she couldn't finish it, I've decided to take up that mantle. I'm going to write it from my perspective, and what it was like watching from so close, but from such a distance. It's my tribute to her legacy, to her memory, and a chance for our son to know exactly who he comes from. The working title of the book is "Walk With Me" and if it ever gets published, I'll be sure to tell you when and where you can get a copy.

No comments: