Friday, November 23, 2007

Why I do this

My first posts told a bit about why I blog, but why do it for all teh world to see? Well because the resources and materials available for men like me completely suck eggs. Being a widower and single father at my age is a very rare cirsumstance.

I write because I don't want people to be my dumping ground, a friend of mine told me that quite emphatically. They'd be their support and listen, but to get the full brunt of my emotional wave wasn't fair to them. The blog I read helped me to realize that I'm not alone, and that I'm not crazy. Sometimes you think you are because you do stuff that gets most people a clean new white jacket that allows them to get a hug from their own arms 24 hr a day. Things like talking to myself, or having conversations with people that aren't there but continuing on as if they are. Taking multiple "mental vacations" and forgetting where you're going, saying, and/or doing at moment in time. Staring into space for min on end and avoiding sleep because you don't know what you'll dream. I've done it all..... experienced it all it seems, and new craziness comes up every so often.

It's important to know you're "normal" and belong. Grief seems to destroy the very fiber of ones being, so being able to read someone else's experience, recovery, and in the end the victory helps those still going through or facing the impending trial. So why allow the world to share with me? Because there might be one man out there going through, who feels as if he's alone, pal ..... you're not alone, and you're not crazy either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was "quite emphatic". Sorry if I was too blunt, I meant to be more sympathetic!